Monday, September 5, 2011

{Back to School}




Back to School




(Clockwise from top)






For the first time in a long time (17 years, but who (aka all of my life past toddler-hood) September doesn't mark the start of a new school year. It took a long time for me to accept this fact. No school supply shopping, no first day outfit and no new planner to fill with assignments. So depressing!



No matter what age you are, September does mark the start of fall, and the changing of seasons always warrants changes in one's wardrobe. This fall I'm loving updated classics, like a button-down in sophisticated leopard print or a schoolboy loafer in blue patent leather. Paired with quirky accessories like a pair of tortoiseshell librarian glasses or a felt, feather-trimmed hat, these twists on the classics are sure to carry you through the season and bring new life to your closet standbys. Maybe I only ever got excited about the start of school because of the prospect of new clothes and outfits?


Just because I no longer have a need for toting around an assortment of pens, pencils and highlighters (hell, who am I kidding, I still carry them around!) doesn't mean I can't stash my lipgloss and bobby pins in a cute pencil case, instantly made geek-chic when tossed inside a luxe leather bag.

8 comments: