Friday, April 23, 2010

{Classic Style}

I read A LOT of magazines. Each month I look forward to I look forward to receiving my various subscriptions in the mail and carefully examining each and every page for any type of inspiration. I tear out the pages that have something that I am drawn to; a makeup look, hairstyle, certain outfit, color combination, home decor, etc., and save them for future reference.

In the May issue of American Vogue, I was ecstatic to find an entire fashion spread that I loved. Shot by the fabulous Mario Testino and styled by Marie-Amelie Sauve, I found myself drooling over the simple, chic elegance of the looks featured in the spread " Americans in Paris." And I can't forget to mention model Daria Werbowy's sultry smoky eye and long hair with choppy bangs. I always strive to incorporate the hottest trends into my wardrobe, but there is definitely something to be said for classic looks.


So perfect, in every way.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, this is very sleek for American Vogue. I have to say that recently I've been feeling like Vogue is a little...out of touch? Antiquated? It's just been coming off as less than perfect to me, but I like this spread. Nice, sartorial trousers and muted colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny that you say that, because Marie-Amelie Sauve, the stylist for the shoot, does most of her work for Vogue Paris, which (aside from it having the word "Paris" in the title) the styling of this shoot is very reminiscent of.

    I definitely agree with you about American Vogue being off lately. There has actually been a lot of discussion/debate surrounding that, especially touching on the idea that it is too of-the-moment celebrity based and doesn't highlight true fashion icons. The reason why I loved this spread so much is because the looks are so easily translatable without buying the actual pieces, which is something so often lost in today's American Vogue spreads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what great shots! such easy and effortless looks and SO gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete